This spicy Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast Recipe is a simple, few ingredient recipe; literally only four ingredients. Dump your ingredients in a slow cooker or crock pot, walk away for six hours and return to a juicy, flavorful, spicy, tender roast.
It will be sooooo good! Serve it with a side of homemade mashed potatoes, or top it on a hoagie bun. Either way, you will love this dish!
This spicy Pepperoncini Roast aka Mississippi Pot Roast is wicked good. I wish you could smell what I can smell in this kitchen; garlic, beef, peppers… Oh my gosh… Talk about YUM! I was drooling before we even got to dig in.
My whole family loved it. They went back for seconds, and left me with no leftovers. If you don’t mind a little spice, you will love this recipe too!
How to make it
This is a simple, few ingredient recipe; literally only four ingredients. It is almost embarrassing how delicious it is because it is so easy to make.
- Add beef roast, jar of pepperoncini peppers with liquid, a packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix, and a packet of brown gravy mix in the crock-pot.
- Cook it on low and leave it alone for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the meat is falling into pieces, you know it is done. That is it…
Add some side dishes to this baby, and you have a killer meal.
Years ago, my dear friend Dede Hedgepeth shared this recipe with me. She is always making something fantastic in the kitchen and I am always asking her for her recipes.
Her delicious Bourbon Slush recipe is also featured on my blog. (It is simple to make and easier to sip; this frozen treat disappears quickly!)
Can you substitute Au Jus Gravy for Packaged Gravy?
Dede’s original Pepperoncini Pot Roast recipe has only 3 ingredients: pot roast, dry Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix, and pepperoncini. It is fantastic this way.
I have made it several times for dinner over the years. The combination of the Italian Seasoning mix and the pepperoncinis create a delicious au jus gravy. You don’t have to add anything else.
However, I add the Brown Gravy Mix when I make this. The gravy mix steps it up a notch by thickening the broth and adding an extra boost of flavor.
Ways to serve the beef roast:
- By itself as an entree with your favorite sides (my favorite way).
- On hoagie bun to make an Italian Beef Sandwich.
- On a hoagie bun topped with cheese. Serve it with a side of the gravy for a spicy French Dip sandwich.
- Throw the beef on some mini buns with cheese and serve them as little sliders.
What are the best cuts of beef for a Pot Roast?
The toughest cuts of beef are the best cuts of beef to use for a Pot Roast. Why? You are basically braising a large piece of beef long and slow in liquids.
The tougher cuts have connective tissue with high amount of collagen. When braised slow in the crock-pot, the tough cuts eventually break down into tender succulent meat. Additionally, the braising liquid turns into a rich sauce.
My personal favorite is the chuck roast for the fat content. It gives additional flavor and richness. Look for meats labeled as: chuck roast, boneless chuck roast, chuck shoulder pot roast, 7 bone chuck pot roast, or beef chuck arm.
Other options are brisket and round. Brisket is a flatter, thinner roast. It will need to be sliced against the grain. The round is a very lean roast. It is the best option if you are cooking healthier and do not want the additional fat content.
Slow Cooker Tip!
Try not to open the slow-cooker lid more than you need to. The pressure from the heat and steam cook it slow and tender. When you open the pot, it releases that heat and steam. The crock-pot has to recreate that process all over again and throws off the cooking time and pressure.
Looking for some other simple EASY recipes with few ingredients? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Grilled Brat Kabobs
- Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Crock-Pot Low Carb Zuppa Toscana
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pie
- Instant Pot Italian Pot Roast Dinner
- Turkey Spinach Stir-Fry
- Instant Pot Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot balsamic pot roast
Please leave me a comment below if you make this Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast, and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 to 5 lb beef roast
- 16 oz jar pepperoncini peppers with liquid
- 1 package of dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 package of Brown Gravy Mix
- Combine 3 to 5 lbs beef roast, 16 oz jar pepperoncini peppers with liquid, 1 package of dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix, and 1 package of Brown Gravy Mix together in crock-pot.
- Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours or until meat is falling apart.