This spicy Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast Recipe is a simple, few ingredient recipe; literally only four ingredients. Dump your ingredients in a slow cooker or crock pot, walk away for six hours and return to a juicy, flavorful, spicy, tender roast. It will be sooooo good! Serve it with a side of homemade mashed potatoes, or top it on a hoagie bun. Either way, you will love this dish!
This spicy Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast Recipe is wicked good. I wish you could smell what I can smell in this kitchen; garlic, beef, peppers… Oh my gosh… Talk about YUM! I was drooling before we even got to dig in. Sometimes I even surprise myself. My whole family loved this Pepperoncini Pot Roast aka Mississippi Pot Roast. They went for seconds, and left me with no leftovers. If you don’t mind a little spice, you will love this recipe too!
How to make crock-pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast
This is a simple, few ingredient recipe; literally only four ingredients. It is almost embarrassing how delicious it is because it is so easy to make.
- You literally throw all the ingredients in the crock-pot.
- Cook it on low and leave it alone for 6 to 8 hours. When the meat is falling into pieces, you know it is done. That is it… Add some side dishes to this baby, and you have a killer meal.
Years ago, my dear friend Dede Hedgepeth shared the original recipe with pot roast, dry Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix, and pepperoncini. She is always making something fantastic in the kitchen and I am always asking her for her recipes. She also gave me her delicious Bourbon Slush recipe. (It is simple to make and easier to sip; this frozen treat disappears quickly!)
Her original Pepperoncini Pot Roast recipe is a great recipe. I have made it several times for dinner over the years. However, I tried adding the Brown Gravy Mix and the gravy stepped it up a notch by thickening the broth and adding an extra boost of flavor. You can serve the roast by itself as an entree or on a hoagie bun to make an Italian Beef Sandwich. Or throw the beef on some mini buns with cheese and serve them as little sliders. Either way, when you try this recipe, you will love it!
Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 to 5 lb beef roast
- 16 oz jar pepperoncini peppers with liquid
- 1 package of dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 package of Brown Gravy Mix
- Throw all ingredients together in crock-pot to include the pepperoncini juice.
- Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours or until meat is falling apart.