This Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe is better than the restaurant version.
It is full of flavor and you can make it in 3 minutes!
My husband's family loves Olive Garden.
When we go there, I am a stickler for ordering their soup and salad.
I love their salads with the delicious dressing and their Zuppa Toscana. Recently I shared a post on how to make a low carb crock pot version.
It has the same great taste with less guilt. You can check it out here: Healthy Crockpot Low Car Zuppa Toscana.
You can buy Olive Garden Salad Dressing in the store.
However, the store bought version NEVER tastes the same as the salad dressing they serve on the salads at Olive Garden.
This is why I was determined to try to develop a homemade Olive Garden dressing recipe.
It is much better than the store bottled version.
Watch how to make Olive Garden Salad Dressing
What ingredients do you need?
This copycat Olive Garden salad dressing recipe is actually semi-homemade.
I use a packaged Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix to make this. This stuff is really tasty and makes this dressing recipe very easy. Plus, it gives it that Olive Garden Salad Dressing taste.
You will also need the following ingredients:
- olive oil-I prefer real extra virgin Olive Oil. You can substitute with vegetable oil.
- white wine vinegar- Do not use plain vinegar.
- oregano-I use dried oregano. You can use fresh.
- garlic powder-You can replace with crushed garlic.
- mayonnaise- Use real mayonnaise. This thickens the dressing. Do not use Miracle Whip.
- salt and pepper to taste
Note: What makes my recipe version better than the original restaurant version is I use olive oil and white wine vinegar. It gives the dressing a little more richness and flavor.
Most other copycat versions use vegetable oil and regular vinegar.
I prefer to use olive oil in most of my cooking for the taste and health benefits.
You can however use vegetable oil if you prefer.
How do you make it?
This recipe is wicked easy! You throw all of the ingredients in a food processor of blender and blend away......
The end result is an incredible salad dressing.
The pulsing from the food processor and blender emulsifies the dressing. This is what makes it so creamy.
For this reason, I do not suggest hand mixing the dressing. Hand mixing won't make it as thick and creamy.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Note: The Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel and Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder Bundle is my favorite food processor for the blending, grating, and chopping.
How long does it last?
Because this dressing uses mayonnaise, it is best to use within 1 week. Store in an airtight container refrigerated.
What goes in an Olive Garden Salad?
I use this copycat Olive Garden Salad dressing on any kind of salad, but if you want to make a true copy cat Olive Garden Salad, this is what you need:
- iceberg lettuce
- small red onion sliced paper thin
- sliced roma tomatoes
- pitted black olives
- mild pepperoncini peppers (I always add extra because I love them so!)
- Italian seasoned croutons
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing
This dressing delicious on EVERYTHING.... from salads, pastas, wraps, sandwiches, and meat marinades.
It really does take about 3 minutes to make. Try it yourself. You will love it.
Looking for other homemade salad dressings? Try:
- DIY Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 20 Incredibly Delicious Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe Roundup
Please leave me a comment below if you make this dressing, and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Homemade Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
- 7 ounces dry packet of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- In a food processor or blender, mix 7oz dry packet of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix, ¾ cup olive oil, ¼ cup white wine vinegar, ¼ cup water, ½ teaspoon sugar, ½ tsp oregano, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise until completely blended and mayonnaise has no clumps.
- Keep refrigerated.