Do you love hot and spicy buffalo wings? Then these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are going to be your next favorite dish! These burn your mouth a bit bites are banging with flavor. Serve them as an appetizer or side dish; either way these tasty little bites will be a big hit in your kitchen!
My lovely and sweet friend Jan and I were at great little Mexican joint in Wrightsville, NC called Cruz. This place isn’t your ordinary Mexican restaurant. It is Mexican food meets California joined with the Southern North Carolina. On the menu you will find things like:
- Mexican Street Corn -Fresh Grilled Corn with Ancho Chile Powder, Aioli, Fresh Lime & Cotija
- Southern Trio– Homemade Pimento Cheese Black Bean Hummus & Pickled Vegetables ~Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips & Crostini
- Huntington Roll– Grilled Fresh NC Santa Fe Shrimp & Beer Battered Mahi, Red Cabbage, Avocado & Monterey Jack ~Green Goddess Dressing
- Masonboro Shrimp Bake– Fresh NC Santa Fe Shrimp Sauteed with Baja BBQ Sauce, Crispy Bacon,Roasted Anaheim Chile,
Fresh Roasted Corn, Cotija, Green Onion & Cilantro ~Two 4” Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada– Two 6” Homemade Blue Corn Tortillas, Char-Grilled Santa Fe Chicken, Spinach & Jack Cheese ~Green Chile Sauce & Salsa Fresca
~Ahi Rice & Black Beans
Just to name a few… It is a lovely menu and a great place to dine. Don’t leave without ordering the Prickly Pear Margarita, but be aware! One leads to two and you will need an Uber when you make it to three.
One of the things we ordered were the lightly battered cauliflower fried in their “Heck” sauce. Basically they are gourmet buffalo cauliflower bites. After eating the batch, I knew I had to go home and create my own version.
While I loved Cruz’s version, I didn’t want mine to be deep fried or battered, so I created this recipe.
I have to say, these buffalo cauliflower bites are a party favorite among my friends. I have to at MINIMUM double the recipe when friends come over and I NEVER have left overs. When I am eating healthy, I will make a batch of this and pair it with grilled salmon for my husband and I. We literally will eat the whole head of cauliflower all to ourselves. This is saying a lot because we are not huge fans of cauliflower….
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Making buffalo cauliflower bites is easy! Cut up one head of cauliflower and spread it out on a cookie sheet. Make the buffalo sauce (see recipe below). Oven roast at 450 for 20 to 25 minutes. How easy is that?
Seriously, make a batch and see if you don’t love it. It has taken me forever to get this on the blog, but my friends ask for this recipe all of the time. Now that I have FINALLY got it up, you can make it too! xoxo
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut up the head of the cauliflower.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss cauliflower in sauce mixture.
- Oven roast for 20-25 minutes.