This lovely Blueberry Burrata Salad is made with a delicious blueberry balsamic reduction over a bed of fresh green arugula and baby spinach, then topped with roasted pecans. Serve it as a gourmet dinner salad or a beautiful appetizer. It is perfect for entertaining or enjoying a special treat all to yourself.
This post contains affiliate links. I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil. They send me quarterly batch of their newest olive oils in exchange for a post. I receive a small compensation from any olive oil orders at no additional cost to you.
With Pomora, you adopt an olive tree from their beautiful Olive Groves in Italy. You will then receive an Adoption Pack with a certificate showing your tree and a booklet of information about your tree. Quarterly you will receive a shipment of 3x250ml tins of oil from your tree alternating between gourmet selection of a plain oil quarter and a flavored oil quarter.
This quarter I received their Olio D’Oliva Extra Vergine a.k.a. “Extra Virgin Olive Oil.”
I LOVE THIS STUFF! It is dense, flavorful, and pours a beautiful deep yellow color oil. It is a taste of GOURMET HEAVEN in your mouth. I could drink it out of the can it is so good…. but I don’t… because I only have so much until next year’s batch…
Blueberry Burrata Salad
I wanted to make something extra special that would be amazing with this Pomora Olive Oil. I love burrata. It is my favorite cheese. The creamy center makes my heart melt. Blueberries are in season and I thought they would be a lovely compliment to the richness of the burrata. Therefore I developed this pretty blueberry burrata salad.
blueberry balsamic reduction
To make this salad, you create a blueberry balsamic reduction for the topping in replace of a true salad dressing. You then drizzle that lovely Pomora olive oil to finish it. I add in roasted pecans, additional fresh blueberries, a little bit of salt, and freshly ground pepper. It is a fantastic treat on your dinner table. It would be also nice served as an appetizer with a glass of wine. Enjoy! xoxo
Blueberry Burrata Salad
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 oz burrata
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet, spread out pecans. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook 1 cup of blueberries and balsamic vinegar over medium heat for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. Blueberries should start to break up and sauce should begin to thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside for about 20 minutes to completely cool.
- On a serving platter, add the arugula and baby spinach. In the center, add the burrata cheese. Top the blueberry balsamic reduction over the burrata. Sprinkle pecans and remaining fresh blueberries over the salad. Drizzle olive oil over salad. Salt and pepper to taste.