This Blue Cheese Compound Butter Recipe is simple, easy, and deliciously flavorful. It is the perfect way to jazz up a boring meal into a gourmet delight!
Compound Butter Recipe
Have you ever made compound butter? This Blue Cheese Compound Butter Recipe is super easy to make. It is the perfect compound butter for steak. You can make it with only 3 ingredients!
So I have this blogger friend, Tez from Chile and Salt, who makes all these incredible dishes that continually make me drool. Originally from North Carolina, he currently is living the dream in Los Cabos Mexico! (I am insanely jealous!) On his website you will find delectable Mexican Inspired dishes such as Puerto Braseado en Tomatillo Salsa Verde/Braised Pork in Tomatillo Green Sauce, 20 Minute Baked Tilapia with Watermelon-Habanero Salsa, and Braised Chicken in Oaxaca Chile Salsa. He also offers a variety of other special recipes from Italian to Barbecue that are aimed to be simple, comforting, healthy, and most importantly; good! His techniques are straight to the point, offering uncomplicated instructions that result in lovely, tasty, dishes. Be sure to check out his website!
I was recently checking out his website when I came across Tez’s 3 Ingredient Blue Cheese & Cracked Pepper Compound Butter. I was hosting a cookout for the 4th of July and wanted a little something special on my steaks. This looked perfect! And it was!!!
How to make Compound Butter
- You just mix up the ingredients and place it on parchment paper.
- Next, you roll up the parchment paper and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- The end result is an amazing Blue Cheese Butter!!!!
Now this Blue Cheese Butter would be great on veggies, pork, and chicken. But it is incredible on steaks.
We sliced it up generously and placed it on our seared grilled steaks as they rested.
I had my husband make extra steaks, but there were none left… They all disappeared. Which really sucked, because I was looking forward to some steak eggs the next day.
Now Tez’s recipe is absolutely DELICIOUS!! You don’t have to change a thing. But I like my stinky blue cheese strong and potent, so I just added a little more blue cheese to his version and you can see the adjustment to my recipe below. His recipe is here: 3 Ingredient Blue Cheese & Cracked Pepper Compound Butter.
Blue Cheese Compound Butter-3 Ingredients
- 3/4 cup blue cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Set blue cheese and butter out to soften to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined in bowl.
- Place butter compound mixture on parchment paper and wrap compound butter in parchment paper.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to harden before serving.
- Will last 3 to 4 days in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer.