This is the best Calico Beans Recipe you will ever make. It is easy and simple to make.
This Calico Beans Recipe is so delicious. It is the perfect side dish to any backyard party or cook out. It makes a lovely addition to hotdogs, hamburgers, and pulled pork.
Baked Calico Beans Recipe with Bacon
I was visiting my Aunt Sue this summer in Wisconsin and being the nosey recipe hunter that I am; I raided her recipes. Hidden among her recipe stash was this Calico Beans recipe. I took one look at the ingredients and knew I had to make this dish. Unlike my Southern Baked Beans Quintet recipe, it is simpler and incorporates ground beef. It looked like a tasty combination.
I did a hot dog cook off with a group of my friends and it was the perfect occasion to make the Calico Beans. Hotdogs and baked beans go hand in hand!
They were sooooo GOOD!!!! Every bite begged for more. They also disappeared pretty fast. It is a great crowd pleaser.
My Aunt Sue gave me her Gazpacho Soup Recipe on her last visit. It is very tasty. I make it every summer once the tomatoes and bell peppers come in season. It is full of colorful wholesome flavor.
I really do think this is the best Calico Bean Recipe ever. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Happy eating from my family to yours. xoxo!
Deliciously Baked Calico Beans Recipe with Bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb bacon
- 15 oz can drained butter beans
- 2 15 oz can pork and beans do not drain
- 15 oz can drained kidney beans
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- small onion diced finely
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Crumble into pieces.
- Cook onion in 1 tbs of bacon grease.
- Cook ground beef and drain fat.
- Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar together.
- Mix bacon, beef, sauce, onion, butter beans, pork and beans,and kidney beans together and add to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
Nutrition- Nutrition info is based on estimation only.