Adopt an Olive Tree from Pomora Olive Oil and you will receive delicious, rich, authentic olive oil quarterly throughout the year from your tree!
This post contains affiliate links. I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil and receive a small compensation from any olive oil orders at no additional cost to you.
I have been working with Pomora Olive Oil for two years now and have decided to do a post about their process and how AMAZING their olive oils are. Throughout the year quarterly, I receive a shipment of their olive oil in exchange for a post.
This is a food bloggers dream; to have such an amazing package of high end olive oil delivered to my door! I continue my partnership with them, because I love Pomora Olive Oil and what they stand for. Here are a few of the reasons I LOVE Pomora:
- They practice sustainable farming and offer an "Adopt an Olive Tree" program that allows you to adopt your own olive tree!
- They work directly with their growers. This allows them to trace the olive oil back to the grove it originates from.
- Pomora practices Fair Trading.
- They produce olive oil that is healthy and nutritious.
- Their olive oil quality is superior in taste than most olive oils you can purchase in the United States.
How to Adopt An Olive Tree
It is very easy to adopt an olive tree from Pomora Olive Oil.
- First visit Pormora Olive Oil's site.
- Choose from their two award-winning growers - Carmelo from Sicily or Antonio from Campania.
- You will then receive an Adoption Pack with a certificate showing your tree and a booklet of information about your tree.
- Quarterly you will receive a shipment of 3x250ml tins of oil from your olive tree. Each shipment alternates between a plain oil quarter and a flavored oil quarter. Pretty cool? Yes?
What flavors do you receive?
Each quarter you will be shipped a different batch of olive oil. Here are the variety of olive oils you will receive:
- Quarter 1: Olio nuovo- the first batch of olive oil that is unfiltered
- Quarter 2: A set of lemon, chili, and rosemary flavored olive oils
- Quarter 3: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Quarter 4: A set of basil, garlic and white truffle flavored olive oils
Olio nuovo-unfiltered olive oil
Olio nuovo is the youngest, freshest olive oil. It is bottled unfiltered, directly after the harvest. It pours a dense and thick with a beautiful green color oil with a mild earthy smell.
The flavor is rich with a spicy bite at the end. This batch is one of my personal favorites.... music to my taste buds. The flavor really is INCREDIBLE!! It makes a great finish drizzled on your dishes at the end of cooking.
Chili, Lemon, and Rosemary Olive Oils
- The chili olive oil is my favorite of this quarter batch. You know I love all things spicy. This oil has a pretty light red/deep orange color, peppery smell, and rich chili taste with an ending finish of heat…. PERFECTION. My taste buds dance over this combination. If you like spicy food, this olive oil will rock your world. Honestly, if you had a really good quality pasta and drizzled this chili olive oil over it, then add in a bit of real freshly grated parmesan cheese; you would have one amazing dish. The chili oil is so packed with flavor, you don’t need to add much to it.
- The lemon olive oil is soft and luscious with a cheerful yellow color. It does not have that “fake” lemon taste that some lemon infused oils have, nor is the lemon too strong. It would be incredible over a salad or a nice piece of fresh mozzarella. You could also use it as a finish over fish, pasta, or roasted vegetables.
- The rosemary flavored olive oil has bits of real rosemary mixed in with it. The rosemary is not overpowering. It has a nice balance of aromatic earthiness with a robust flavor. It would be amazing over bread and cheese; or drizzled over lamb or pork.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The Olio D’Oliva Extra Vergine a.k.a. “Extra Virgin Olive Oil” is dense and thick with a beautiful deep yellow color. It offers a soft earthy smell.
And the taste…. It is flavorful with a soft spicy bite at the end. It really is a bit of Gourmet HEAVEN!!!! It is a great base for dressings, dips, and cooking.
Basil, Garlic, and White Truffle Olive Oils
- The Basil Olive Oil pours a pretty light green olive oil with flecks of tiny pieces of basil. The flavor is vibrant and fresh. It is tasty drizzled over pasta, bread, rice, or salads. It is wonderful drizzled over cheese as well.
- If you love roasted garlic, then you will love the Garlic Olive Oil. While the garlic flavor stands out, it is not overpowering. This olive oil would be great over roasted vegetables, drizzled over potatoes or mashed potatoes, used as a pizza sauce, or mixed in a pasta sauce. It is also great for dipping your bread in.
- The Truffle Olive Oil is very special! It offers a lovely rich, buttery truffle flavor that is good on EVERYTHING!! I love it drizzled over roasted potatoes and french fries. However, it is lovely drizzled on a slice of cheese pizza, over popcorn, and mixed in with pasta.
ALL OF THE OILS ARE GOOD! I can honestly say Pomora’s Olive Oils have been the best olive oils I have tasted…. and I have tasted many types of olive oil.
If you are a foodie, ORDER THIS OLIVE OIL. If you know a foodie, THIS MAKES THE PERFECT GIFT! In fact, if you want to add me to your Christmas list, I would love some more. Hint, hint friends and family.