Do you love the Deli-Style Marinated Mushrooms at the Antipasto Bars? Then you will love this 10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms Recipe!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make Italian Marinated Mushrooms
I received my quarterly shipment of Pomora Olive Oil. It is like Christmas in my house every time a box arrives! Pomora’s Olive Oils are a foodie’s dream gift. I just love gourmet olive oil.
With Pomora, you adopt an olive tree from their beautiful Olive Groves in Italy. You will then receive an Adoption Pack with a certificate showing your tree and a booklet of information about your tree. Quarterly you will receive a shipment of 3x250ml tins of oil from your tree alternating between gourmet selection of a plain oil quarter and a flavored oil quarter. Pretty cool? Yes?
Their Fall Collection consists of a basil, garlic, and white truffle infused olive oil assortment. I have tried every one and they are all fantastic! I used the garlic infused olive oil for this recipe, and I will use the white truffle olive oil on my parmesan crusted potato wedges I will be making for dinner tonight… I am drooling thinking about it.
I LOVE the marinated mushrooms at the Antipasto Bars you find at the grocery stores. They are so expensive though. I usually see the Antipasto Bars priced at $10.99 a pound. If I am lucky, I come across one at $8.99 a pound. Those little mushrooms quickly add up in weight. So I thought to myself, why not make my own deli-style marinated mushrooms?
These 10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms are so easy to make and quite frankly better tasting than the ones you find in the deli! You can make as much as you want at a fraction of the cost. You are welcome!
*I remove my stems. You don’t have to. If you remove your stems, you can use them in a broth or freeze them for a later use.
*If you only have the plain Extra Virgin Pomora Olive Oil, you can just add 1 crushed garlic clove.
10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs Pomora Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Clean mushrooms.
- Remove stems. (You can keep the stems. It is a personal preference.)
- In a pot, bring vinegar and water to a boil.
- Add mushrooms. (You can cook mushrooms in batches if you run out of room in the pan. Keep the vinegar mixture in the pan for the next batch and only remove the mushrooms.)
- Cook mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms shrink in size and have softened.
- Drain mushrooms from any extra vinegar mixture.
- Mix mushrooms with salt, red pepper flakes, Pomora Garlic Olive Oil, and parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to eat.