Do you love the Deli-Style Marinated Mushrooms at the Antipasto Bars?
Then you will love this 10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms that are made with a flavorful homemade white wine vinaigrette!
I LOVE the marinated mushrooms at the Antipasto Bars you find at the grocery stores. They are so expensive though.
I usually see the Antipasto Bars priced at $10.99 a pound. If I am lucky, I come across one at $8.99 a pound.
Those little mushrooms quickly add up in weight.
So I thought to myself, why not make my own deli-style marinated mushrooms?
Watch how to make marinated mushrooms
This post contains affiliate links. I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil. I receive a small compensation from any olive oil orders at no additional cost to you.
I received my fall collection of Pomora Olive Oils. This batch consisted of a basil, garlic, and white truffle infused olive oil assortment.
I have tried every one and they are all fantastic!
The garlic infused olive oil has a lovely light garlic flavor without overpowering the olive oil.
It works beautifully with the marinated mushrooms.
Steps to make Italian marinated mushrooms
These 10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms are so easy to make and quite frankly better tasting than the ones you find in the deli! To make them:
- Clean the mushrooms really well.
- Cook them in the vinegar/water combination.
- Toss them in olive oil and seasonings.
- Chill and serve when ready!
*I remove my stems. You don't have to. If you remove your stems, you can use them in a broth or freeze them for a later use.
*If you only have the plain Extra VirginPomora Olive Oil, you can just add 1 crushed garlic clove.
Can you marinate mushrooms overnight?
It is not a true pickling process because of the vinegar/water ratio, and the addition of olive oil.
However, because the mushrooms are marinated immediately, you will remove them from the extra vinegar to prevent any extra unwanted marinating.
You don't want the mushrooms too strong or to become mushy.
Tip: The mushrooms are better served a little chilled or at room temperature. It is best to cool them off a bit before serving.
Therefore, you can make them a head of time before serving and store any leftovers in an airtight container overnight.
They will remain tasty up to 3 days.
Do they need to be refrigerated?
If you are not eating the mushrooms immediately, you will want to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
However, the olive oil will congeal a bit as they get cold.
To solve this, take out the mushrooms a few minutes before serving to allow them to reach room temperature.
The olive oil will melt into the desired consistency.
You will not want to use a different type of oil. Any other oils other than olive oil will change the taste and it will not be as good in flavor.
Are you looking for some more inspirations to add to a cold antipasto platter? Try these recipes:
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- Baba Ganoush
- Fire and Ice Pickles
- Marinated Olives and Cheese
- Marinated Cheese Tray
- Low Carb Asparagus and Roast Beef Rollups
- Cuban Sandwich On A Stick
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
When you make these deli style mushrooms, please tell me what you think in the comment section! It would mean the world to me to hear back. My readers will appreciate the information also.
10 Minute Easy Italian Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs Pomora Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Clean 2lbs of fresh mushrooms.
- Remove stems. (You can keep the stems. It is a personal preference.)
- In a pot, bring 1 cup white wine vinegar and ½ cup water to a boil.
- Add mushrooms. (You can cook mushrooms in batches if you run out of room in the pan. Keep the vinegar mixture in the pan for the next batch and only remove the mushrooms.)
- Cook mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms shrink in size and have softened.
- Drain mushrooms from any extra vinegar mixture.
- Mix mushrooms with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 tbs Pomora Garlic Olive Oil, and 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley.
- Allow to cool and serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to eat.