This is an easy recipe on how to make Strawberry Caprese Salad with Mint Pesto.
This beautiful Strawberry Caprese Salad with Mint Pesto is delicious and easy to make. It is the perfect dish for entertaining during the Strawberry Season.
I have been making this dish for years for dinner parties. EVERYONE falls in love with the presentation. I am always asked for the recipe. I can’t believe it has taken me so long to get this recipe up on my site.
The strawberry and mint pairs deliciously with the fresh mozzarella. The balsamic drizzle ties the ingredients all together. If you love the tomato caprese salad, you will love this prety strawberry version also.
Luckily it is sooooooooo EASY to put together! You make the mint pesto in 2 minutes in a food processor.
Then you slice the strawberries and mozzarella and assemble. EASY PEASY, right? But you don’t have to tell your guests that. You can fib a little and pretend it was much much more work to create. When something is so beautiful, it should be a bit harder to make.
I usually have a bit of mint pesto left over. You can use that in a pasta salad, over bread, or over roasted veggies.
*Note: If you want your strawberries a little sweeter, slice them and add a little sugar. Let them sit a half hour before assembling. I prefer not to add sugar, but if your strawberries are tart, you may want to add it.
If you like this recipe, check out my Strawberry Stuffed Cinnamon Toast Roll-Ups. They have a crunchy, buttery, cinnamon and sugar crust and gooey strawberry cream cheese filling. They are great for entertaining because you can pick them up with your hands like french toast sticks.
- 1 pound Sliced Strawberries
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Mint Leaves
- ¼ cup Almond Slices, may use pine nuts or walnuts
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Mint For Garnish
- Combine olive oil, mint leaves, almond slices, parmesan cheese, and garlic in a food processor until finely mixed into a mint pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mozzarella overlapping on a serving plate. Coat the mozzarella with the mint pesto between the layers. Place strawberries in between each overlapping mozzarella. You may place any remaining strawberries on or around the cheese.
- Drizzle balsamic over the top of the cheese and strawberries. Garnish with mint leaves.