My friend Maria Alifonso made this Spanish Orzo Salad for me once and I fell in love with it. Her Spanish Orzo Salad is a perfect meal for the spring. The orzo with crabmeat, green olives, and Sazon seasoning make a great combination of flavor. It is simple to make and delicious. I hope you will enjoy it too!
Maria introduced me to the wonderful seasoning called Sazon from Goya.
Sazon is a seasoned salt found in the Spanish and Mexican Markets. I generally do not have a hard time finding it in the International Section in most grocery stores. The seasoning is primarily made of cilantro, achiote, garlic, and salt. It is typically added to meats, fish, poultry, and stews. It brings a lot of flavor punch to this Spanish Orzo Recipe. I hope you like it, and when you do, I told you so!
If you like this recipe, check out: Spanish Garlic Shrimp, Healthy Feta Quinoa Salad , and Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad with Capers and Olives.
- 16oz Orzo
- 14oz Crabmeat
- 1½ Cups Chopped Tomato
- 1½ Cups Chopped Cucumber
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 8oz Jar Green Olives, Drained
- 2 Packets of Sazon Goya
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook Orzo according to directions.
- Add in crabmeat, tomato, cucumber, onion, and green olives to the orzo.
- Mix together Sazon, lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil in a separate bowl.
- Add to pasta combination. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate an hour or more before serving. Serve cold.