These Moroccan-Style Roasted Potatoes have a sweet and soft inside with a savory, salty crunch on the outside. The trick to preparing these potatoes flawlessly is parboiling, steaming, and then roasting them. After taking your first bite, you will quickly discover the extra steps are worth the additional effort.
For years I could never get my roasted potatoes just right. If I cut them thick, the outside would cook to a beautiful crisp, but the inside would often be underdone or hard. If I cut them thin; cooking them to a crisp on the outside led to a dry, leathery center. And then I learned the nifty trick of parboiling and all my potato wedges became masterpieces.
Parboiling allows the center to cook just a bit. Then when you roast them, the center will be perfectly soft when the outside crisps. Steaming them to cool down before slicing them retains the moisture inside the potato so they don’t dry out when you cut them to roast. Result: PERFECTION!
The sundried tomato tapenade adds a tasty, salty, rustic flavor that really liven up the potato wedges. The tapenade is simple to make. Just throw the ingredients into a blender and BAM! You have an amazing tapenade.
However, you want to add the tapenade about half way into the cooking. If you add it too soon, the garlic will burn and the amazing tapenade will turn into a burnt, smoky, not so great tapenade…..
This Moroccan-Style Roasted Potatoes recipe was included in my “Tapa Time!” article for City View Magazine along with Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego, Mussels with Sofrito, Pomegranate Red Wine Sangria, and Spanish Garlic Shrimp. These Tapa dishes are incredible! Just try them. You will thank me for it!
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE OR REFERRAL LINKS. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THESE LINKS, I WILL BE COMPENSATED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU. I ONLY SHARE PRODUCTS I USE OR BELIEVE IN.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 4 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup green olives
- ⅓ cup Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Rinse and clean potatoes.
- Boil whole potatoes 6 to 7 minutes to parboil them.
- Remove from heat. Drain pot. Leave potatoes in pot and cover with a lid to steam dry for 3 additional minutes.
- Place sundried tomatoes, capers, green olives, Parmesan, garlic cloves, lemon and ¼ cup of olive oil in food processor or blender and pulse into a finely chopped tapenade. Set aside.
- Cut each potato into 6 wedge slices.
- Evenly coat potato wedges with ¼cup olive oil for roasting.
- Roast at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of oven and toss evenly in tapenade. Place potatoes back in oven and roast an additional 20 minutes. Serve immediately.