With spring at my door, I was in the mood for something fresh, light, healthy, and delicious. I threw this Healthy Feta Quinoa Salad together in my kitchen and it was AMAZING! You will love, love, love it! The quinoa mixed with fresh herbs of mint and parsley, combined with garden tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion, was complimented well with the zesty lemon dressing and salty feta.
My husband came home from a grueling cross training workout and when he saw what we were eating, he asked, “Umm, where is the rest of it?” I said, “This is it.” He gave me a look that could kill, but said nothing. Not a huge fan of mint in savory dishes, he noticed the mint and asked, “Is that going in the salad?” I said, “Don’t worry, it will be good.” Then he saw the parsley and asked, “Not that too?” I answered, “Quit watching what I am making. It will be good.” He gave me the “We will be going out for dinner after I try this,” look. We sat down to eat, and after his first bite, with genuine shock in his voice, he said ,”This is really good, honey.” He didn’t eat seconds. He ate thirds! Winner in this household. Now you give my Healthy Feta Quinoa Salad a try. And when you love it, I told you so!
If you like this recipe, check out: Spanish Orzo Salad, Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad with Capers and Olives, and Cucumber and Dill Salad.
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Quinoa
- ¾ Cup of Finely Chopped Mint
- 1 Cup of Finely Chopped Parsley
- 2 Cups of Chopped Cucumber
- ¾ Cup of Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups of Chopped Tomatoes
- 6oz Crumbled Feta
- 3 Tbs of Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions with the vegetable broth. Cool and set aside.
- Add mint, parsley, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and feta to the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl create dressing: Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour lemon dressing mixture in quinoa salad and mix well. Enjoy!