This is a tutorial on how to make the Greek Seven Layer Dip Recipe.
Need an appetizer that is different, tasty, and can feed a crowd?
This Greek Seven Layer Dip is a delicious spin off the traditional Seven Layer Dip with layers of hummus, tzatziki sauce, feta, and veggie toppings.
I had girlfriends over and I wanted to make something healthy but delicious, so I came up with this recipe. This Greek Seven Layer Dip Recipe is packed with all kinds of wholesome goodness but makes an excellent party food. My friends ate it up. You can serve it with chips, pita, crackers, or veggies.
It is also great because you can prepare it the night before.
*This post contains affiliate links.
In this recipe, I have you make an easy quick hummus and tzatziki sauce from scratch. The hummus can be made in less than five minutes in the food processor. I love my Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel and Cuisinart BDH-2 Blade and Disc Holder Bundle. I use it for everything! It has become one of my favorite kitchen gadgets that I own.
However, if you are in a bind, you can always pick up either dip to save time at the store. I just find the dips are cheaper and have a better flavor homemade, unless you can pick them up at a local Greek store.
I didn’t add pepperoncini peppers or banana peppers, but I think they would be great on this if you want to spice it up.
If you like this recipe, check out Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus, Black Eyed Pea Greek Salad, and Low Carb Moussaka. These are great recipes to try that I am sure you will fall in love with also. The Low Carb Moussaka is one of my personal favorites that I make for special occasions.
- 2 15oz cans garbanzo beans, drained (chick peas)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 tbs tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1⅓ cup plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ greek olives, sliced
- green onions, chopped
- ½ cup feta
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, 3 garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, and 2 tbs olive oil. Pulse until no lumps. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to 8x8 serving dish.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine minced garlic, 2 tbs olive oil, yogurt, white wine vinegar, and dill. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer tzatziki over hummus.
- Layer feta over tzatziki.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and green onions.