This is a lovely, fresh, healthy, homemade Gazpacho Soup Recipe made best with the ripe vegetables straight from the garden.
One summer, I was visiting my Aunt Sue Kaat in Wautoma, Wisconsin when she was preparing this Gazpacho Soup for a sick friend. My Aunt Sue is a sweet little lady who eats very healthy and looks amazing to prove it. I had never had a Gazpacho Soup. Previously, the “cold” soup idea had always repelled me. I grew up thinking that soup was meant to be served hot and any soup that wasn’t hot, was simply not soup… However this colorful, vibrant, beautiful creation intrigued me; and being the nosey, curious person that I am, I asked for a bite. I instantly fell in love! It was fresh, bursting with flavor, with a small hint of spicy heat to it. My curiosity paid off. I have been trying all kinds of cold soups ever since.
This Gazpacho Soup has become a favored recipe that I use all spring and summer. It takes only a few minutes to put together. I often make it in the beginning of the week and bring it work for lunch. It is perfect for work lunches because you don’t have to heat it. The fact that it is healthy is an added bonus.
The key to this soup is the Spicy V8. Make sure this is the brand and flavor you use for this soup recipe. It will not be the same with a knock off brand. I know from experience. I was at a store that did not carry V8 and in my laziness, I bought a knock off brand. It wasn’t nearly as good. Lesson learned. You have been warned! Enjoy!
- 4 cups Tomatoes, diced
- 46 ounces Spicy Tomato Juice (V8)
- 1 cup Beef Broth (Or Vegetable Broth for Vegan)
- ½ cup Cucumber Peeled And Seeded, diced
- ½ cup Green Pepper, diced
- ½ cup Red Pepper, diced
- ½ cup Onion , diced
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Lemon Or Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic, minced
- dash Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Garnish with Sour Cream and/or a slice of Avocado
- Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, red pepper,and onion in food processor or hand dice all veggies into small pieces. Place vegetables in large bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate an hour or more before serving.
- Garnish with Sour Cream and/or a slice of Avocado.