This crunchy, salty, and sweet easy bacon cracker recipe is absolutely delicious.
Bacon. Need I really say more? This salty, slightly spicy, sweet, and easy bacon cracker recipe will be the next go-to recipe for all of your parties.
Everyone loves this naughty little indulgence. They are so good everyone will leave asking for the recipe.
I knew this recipe would be a hit for the men. What man doesn’t like bacon? Add in the crunch and I have won them over. What I was surprised by was how many women love this recipe.
I made a batch for my sweet Garden Club ladies when I was co-hosting one of our meetings. I was responsible for the food; big surprise right? They don’t eat much typically, so I thought I would be stuck with a bunch of leftovers. Those little women ate everyone of those crackers. They loved them. I was asked repeatedly for the recipe. I was so pleased.
My recipe uses less sugar than some of the other Bacon Cracker recipes.
These crackers are perfectly sweet, so I honestly don’t know why you would want to use more. I also add in a little red chili flakes for heat. You know me… I like my food spicy. But if you are a softy and don’t like spicy things, you can omit the red chili flakes.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE OR REFERRAL LINKS. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH ONE OF THESE LINKS, I WILL BE COMPENSATED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU. I ONLY SHARE PRODUCTS I USE OR BELIEVE.
The key to successfully making these is to line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
Set a wire rack ( Goson Bakeware Baking, Cooling , Oven Roasting, Broiler Rack, 8in by 10in, Cross Wire, Chrome, Pack of 2, Compatible with Various Baking Sheets Oven Pans) on the baking dish and then align the crackers on top. If you do not use the rack, you will burn your crackers by the time the bacon is cooked. The parchment paper or tin foil helps with the mess and clean up.
This baking pan below has the perfect fitted set if you need baking dish and wire rack set.
- 30 Townhouse or Club crackers, rectangle shape
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut bacon into thirds or fourths depending on the length of your cracker and the bacon. Place a piece of bacon in the center of each cracker length wise.
- Sprinkle enough brown sugar on each slice of bacon to completely cover the bacon. (This will caramelize and stick the bacon to the cracker.
- If you like a bit of heat with your sweet, sprinkle a small amount of red pepper chili flakes and pepper on each cracker.
- Bake15 to 20 minutes or until brown sugar is melted and bacon is crisp.
- Allow crackers to cool before serving.