This Citrus Infused, Honey and Jalapeño Chicken Yakisoba Stir Fry Recipe is simple, easy, made with all natural ingredients, and INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! It is a healthy one-pot meal, perfect for those busy weeknight dinners when time is limited.
I was contacted by JSL Foods to enter their Fortune Asian Blogger Recipe Challenge. Hmm… Tasty, healthy noodles that are pre-cooked and easy to prepare, have NO MSG, Trans Fats, or Cholesterol; and TASTE GREAT…. Sounded like a no-brainer for me to participate! If you read my blog, you know I love spicy, therefore I picked the spicy category. I was so excited when a got a hold of my Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles!
I had to get creative for my recipe to stand out. I mean, I had to go all in, right? As they say, “Go BIG or go home!” I needed bold flavors to go big. After all, I want to be a winner! To be a winner, I needed to create an AMAZING dish that anyone with some common sense would love. And so I chose to go sweet to balance the heat. Everyone loves a little honey… add in some orange, and make it pop with jalapeño… and dear heaven, sometimes I impress myself!
Although I am not always perfect, I try really hard at cooking healthy for my family. I wanted to stay true to my household and use all natural ingredients.
And I wanted it to be easy, quick, and in one-pan so there wasn’t a lot of cleanup and fuss.
I have found with most recipes, the simplest are the best.
I was nervous for my family to try it. They don’t hold back. They will tell me when they don’t like something… especially my picky eater daughter.
And SURPRISE! They LOVED IT! I mean it was devoured… gone… disappeared in minutes. I can hold my head up high with this recipe. I know there are some pretty terrific recipe entries from some of my favorite food bloggers, so whether I officially win or not… I personally won with a great recipe. I will be making this again. And often. There are not many recipes I can get my family to ALL agree on. It makes life so much easier when I do create one that they all love.
Make sure you check out and follow JSL Foods on their Facebook Page and Twitter and check out all the great recipes the other food bloggers have submitted. Become inspired by all the easy, yummy stir fry dishes you can make for your next meals!
You can purchase the Yakisoba Stir Fry Hot and Spicy Noodles and other JSL Food Products at Target.
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
- 2 packages of Fortune 7.7oz Hot & Spicy Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles
- 2 cups chicken breast, thinly sliced and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced, cut carrots
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, sliced thin, add 2 if you want it extra spicy
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs green onion
- Sauté garlic in oil for one minute in large non-stick frying pan.
- Add chicken breast to garlic and oil and stir fry until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, onion, carrots, and jalapeño. Stir fry until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix freshly squeezed orange juice and honey.
- Add citrus mixture to stir fry and mix well.
- Add in noodles loosening them in the pan with 1/2 cup water. Add in seasoning packets from Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodle Package. Mix well.
- Stir fry an additional 1 to 2 minutes until noodles are warm and liquid is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.